Beauty.m is an exclusive stockist of Biologique Recherche products and treatments in South West London.
Biologique Recherche [BR] brand was founded over 40 years ago, and at first functioned as a research & development laboratory and its main purpose was to develop formulations for dissatisfied professionals. Today, the BR methodology has a reputation for astounding results within the Beauty Industry.
Biologique Recherche’s face and body treatments are created to target ageing skin lacking in hydration, tone and firmness, and showing the first signs of sun damage or hormonal imbalances. Every treatment is based on specific massage techniques to prepare, stimulate and oxygenate the skin, providing effective manual sculpting.
Biologique Recherche’s “out-of-the-box” vision of the Skin Instant ®
A person has not only one but several skins.
Our skin’s condition changes numerous times in a single day as well as during the course of our lifetimes. Everyone’s personal Skin Instant® evolves dramatically throughout the course of one day.
Lastly, external factors such as climate, temperature, air-conditioning, tobacco, pollution, as well as internal factors such as stress, hormones, hygiene and age, all affect the skin.
This explains the importance of properly diagnosed Skin Instants®.
Biologique Recherche professionals are trained to analyse all these variables and advise women and men on the treatment that is best suited to their particular Skin Instants®.
Biologique Recherche skin care products boast the following specific characteristics:
- Very high concentration of active ingredients – over 20% in most products – of botanical, marine and biological extracts.
- No artificial fragrances to avoid any allergic reactions and to preserve the integrity of the formulas
- Cold made formulations to preserve the structure of the ingredients
- Always highest quality of ingredients available
The beloved Lotion P50
Yes, you’ve probably heard of it! Called by New York Magazine “Jesus in a Bottle” or beauty industry “Best Kept Secret” by Intothegloss.com. Grazia Magazine has named it as one of “The Best Beauty Products in The World” and mentioned that “if there was an Oscar for skincare the Biologique Recherche’s Lotion P50 deserves a lifetime achievement award”!
Lotion P50 is loved by many famous faces including Linda Evangelista, the Olsen sisters, Alexander Wang and many many more…
This cult-favourite exfoliating ‘toner’ comes now in 4 main variants: Lotion P50W for thin and/or reactive skin, Lotion P50V [V=vitamins] for devitalised and/or less toned skin, newest Lotion P50 PIGM400 for dull and/or pigmented skin and the original Lotion P50 for combination and/or keratinized skin. We don’t really like to call it a ‘toner’ but it will definitely re-balance the skin’s pH, gently exfoliate, can help you get rid of dark spots, blackheads and even acne, will hydrate and give you the famous BR glow! It has very specific smell of vinegar and it will slightly tingle when applied onto the skin but as Alexander Wang has said in his recent interview for Harper’s Bazaar “…You wake up the next morning and you’re like, ‘Okay, I look amazing’”.
Precautions to be taken when using the lotion P50 range:
- Lotion P50 is for external use only
- Do not apply Lotion P50 to irritated skin, or to skin with open wounds and burns.
- Never use Lotion P50 during a vitamin A treatment or during treatment with products containing Alpha-Hydroxy Acids.
- Always consult using Lotion P50 after facial surgery with your doctor
- Do not use Lotion P50 immediately after a skin peel or a laser treatment. Consult with your therapist before using it again.
- Keep this product away from children and never use it on them
- While introducing Lotion P50 to your skin (always start with Lotion P50W) dilute it by using damp cotton pad for at least 5 days
- Avoid contact with eyes. Lotion P50 can be GENTLY applied on the delicate skin around the eyes but only once a week
- Never rub! – always dab onto the skin
Lotions P50 are active products and can cause a variety of reactions:
- When the lotion is applied you may experience slight tingling and redness. This reactions reveal an epidermal imbalance. They may occur even if you have been using the product for a long time. To sooth the skin we recommend spraying face with L’Eauxygenante or splashing it with cold water.
- Your epidermis may react for few days when you first introduce the product. This reactions are perfectly normal and prove that the product is taking action.
- Bespoke Balancing Facial | 1 hour or 1 hour 30 minutes | personalised treatment | Good for: all skin types |
- Bespoke Booster Facial | up to 1 hour 30 minutes | Bespoke treatment targeting ageing skin |Good For: all skin types, even the most sensitive | LIFT C.V.S. – exfoliating, hydrating, lifting, SOIN LISSANT – hydrating, renewing, calming, toning, MC110 – purifying, exfoliating, plumping | this treatment is based on manual lifting massage technique combined with specific BR booster product |
- Deep Cleansing Facial | 1 hour 30 minutes | includes extraction | Good for: blackheads, breakouts, unbalanced skin |
- Express Facial | Teen Facial | 30 minutes | cleanse & hydrate | Good for: hydration, pre-party prep or young unbalanced skin |
- SkinPen medical Microneedling | 45 minutes | Advanced Microneedling | Good for: collagen induction, fine lines & wrinkles, scars, stretch marks, pigmentation |
- LED Light Therapy Treatment | 30 minutes | standalone light treatment | skin prep & 20 minutes of LED light exposure | Good for: all skin types |
- Advanced SkinPen Microneedling & LED Light Facial | 1 hour 30 minutes | the ultimate regenerating, renewing & restructuring treatment | Good for: ageing skin, collagen induction, post-acne scars, lines & wrinkles, hyperpigmentation |
- Back Treatment | 45 minutes | Back ‘Facial’ | Good for: acne, seborrheic, keratinised skin |Face Treatment Add-ons
- Microdermabrasion Add-on | mechanical exfoliation | Good for: dull, congested, keratinised skin |
- LED Light Therapy Add-on | 10 minutes | Red and near Infra-Red, Blue, Green, Yellow Phototherapy | Good for: collagen and elastin induction, enhancing hydration, skin firmness, brightening, reducing skin inflammation, reducing Acne |
- Post-needling Sheet Mask Add-on | recommended after microneedling treatment | sheet mask with Copper Peptides, Zinc, B5 & HylaFuse | Good for: redness reduction, skin re-hydration post treatment | includes Cryostics massage |
- Monopolar Radio Frequency RF Add-on | Good for: collagen and elastin induction, lift, skin tightening |
- AHA Peel Add-on | alpha-hydroxy-acid treatment | Good for: hyperpigmentation, as a renewing and purifying treatment |
- Eye Mask Patchs Defatigants Add-on | sheet mask | Good for: dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, wrinkles |
- Masque PIGM400 Add-on | Sheet mask | Good for: dull and/or pigmented skin |
- Meso Cocktail Add-on| Mesoestetic® | Solutions and active ingredients specific for transepidermal application |
SkinPen®Precision is the first globally FDA approved microneedling device which is clinically proven to deliver visible results after just one treatment. SkinPen device creates controlled micro injuries that stimulate body’s natural wound healing response which initiates the release of natural growth factors to improve collagen formation and cellular tissue. This medical grade microneedling can effectively remodel the overall structure of the skin. SkinPen can be used on all areas of face and body and treat fine lines & wrinkles, Melasma, hyperpigmentation and uneven skin tone, Rosacea, Acne scars, surgical or trauma scars, stretch marks.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure/burns at least 3 days prior to procedure.
- Avoid shaving on the day of the treatment.
- Discontinue use of topical retinoids 24 hours-72 hours prior to procedure. Retinols vary.
- Wait 6 months following oral isotretinoin use.
- Wait 2-4 weeks following Botox or any other injectables. Always consult with your practitioner.
Microneedling After Care
Post treatment the skin will be reddened, possibly a little ‘puffy’ and you may be aware of a little tenderness. You will also experience skin tightness and the skin may also ‘flake’ in the first few days.
- Do use gentle, soothing and hydrating creams and serums only 24-48 hours post treatment.
- Do keep out of the sun on the day of the treatment and for the following 24 hours also. Use sunscreen at least SPF 30 and keep of direct sun to maximise long term results.
- Do use clean pillowcase and face towel.
- Don’t touch the skin unnecessarily immediately post treatment, this will be important to avoid any post treatment infections.
- Don’t apply makeup for 24 hours post treatment.
- Don’t use harsh perfumed, astringent, AHA/BHA or alcohol containing products in the area for 24-48 hours post treatment.
- Don’t go swimming or in chlorinated water for 4-5 days post treatment
- Don’t engage in any heavy exercise session for 24-48 hours after treatment.
- Don’t have any other clinical treatments for 1-4 weeks post treatment. Speak to your practitioner for exact advice on how best to combine other treatments you may be heaving or may want to start having.
- Don’t shave or use any after-shave type products over the area that has been treated for 12-48 hours post treatment.
- Don’t allow any pets to lick the area that has been treated – this is likely to lead to major infections.
- Full Body Scrub – Exfoliates – Stimulates – Tones – Hydrates
Lotion P50 Corps – Cleanses, renews, and balances the skin PH. Lotion P50 will gently shed dead skin cells whilst we use a body glove to vigorously stimulate and enhance its effects, followed by an ultra-nourishing emulsion applied all over to soothe and moisturise the skin.
Gommage P50 Corps – Deep cleanses, exfoliates and moisturises. With its unique formula, exclusive to Biologique Recherche, this chemical and manual exfoliation has all the benefits of the Lotion P50 Corps Treatment, but with added Cockle shell. A truly beautifying moment, which bestows instant radiance.60 minutes
- Detoxifying and Toning Algae Treatment with hot blanket – Detoxifying – Reviving – Slimming – Toning.
To eliminate excess water, detoxify, dissolve localised unwanted fat, tone and firm. This thermal effect treatment is designed to release marine active ingredients that remineralize, tone and purify the body, leaving you with a wonderful sense of well-being and comfort.1hr 30 minutes
- Purifying Back Treatment – Deep cleansing and hydrating treatment for back. Also described as “Back Facial”. Great for problematic skin with acne tendencies, keratinised skin or simply as a pre red carpet treatment, loved by brides-to-be of ladies wearing backless dresses.
Sienna X Spray Tanning
Tips and advice to prepare and prolong your sunless tan:
- Exfoliate the night before paying particular attention to dry areas such as knees and elbows.
- Remove any unwanted hair 24-48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Do not moisturise, use perfume or deodorant before your tan
- Remove contact lenses before the treatment to avoid contamination
- Bring loose, dark clothing and loose fitting shoes. Tight clothing will cause the tan to rub off.
After the tan:
- Leave the tan to develop for the required time.
- Avoid excessive exercise, perspiring or getting wet during development.
- Long baths or swimming in chlorine water will fade your developed tan quicker.
- Moisturise daily to enhance your tan and prolong your colour
- Start to exfoliate 3 days after your tan to encourage even fading.
- Remember that sunless tan does not protect you in the sun. Use SPF to avoid burning.
We stock wide range of Sienna X products to prepare your skin for the tan or to prolong it – just ask and we will be happy to help.
Sienna X offers wide range of solutions that will develop the tan within 8 hours (5 shades) or just 1hour (High Intensity Tan, medium).
- Wear loose clothing (underwear if having intimate waxing)
- Apply after wax lotion or suitable homecare products to soothe the area (i.e. Aloe Vera Gel)
- Gently exfoliate the area 7-10 days after the treatment to help prevent ingrown hairs. Exfoliate at least twice a week
- Keep your skin moisturised daily
- Apply perfumed products or deodorant to the area for 12-24 hours
- Have hot baths or hot showers for 12-24 hours; use cooler water instead
- Use a sunbed or sunbathe for at least 48 hours
- Swim or do other forms of exercise that will heat or aggravate the skin for 12-24 hours
- Touch the area excessively