Beauty.m is an exclusive stockist of Biologique Recherche products and treatments in South West London.
Biologique Recherche [BR] brand was founded over 40 years ago, and at first functioned as a research & development laboratory and its main purpose was to develop formulations for dissatisfied professionals. Today, the BR methodology has a reputation for astounding results within the Beauty Industry.
Biologique Recherche’s face and body treatments are created to target ageing skin lacking in hydration, tone and firmness, and showing the first signs of sun damage or hormonal imbalances. Every treatment is based on specific massage techniques to prepare, stimulate and oxygenate the skin, providing effective manual sculpting.
Biologique Recherche’s “out-of-the-box” vision of the Skin Instant ®
A person has not only one but several skins.
Our skin’s condition changes numerous times in a single day as well as during the course of our lifetimes. Everyone’s personal Skin Instant® evolves dramatically throughout the course of one day.
Lastly, external factors such as climate, temperature, air-conditioning, tobacco, pollution, as well as internal factors such as stress, hormones, hygiene and age, all affect the skin.
This explains the importance of properly diagnosed Skin Instants®.
Biologique Recherche professionals are trained to analyse all these variables and advise women and men on the treatment that is best suited to their particular Skin Instants®.
Biologique Recherche skin care products boast the following specific characteristics:
- Very high concentration of active ingredients – over 20% in most products – of botanical, marine and biological extracts.
- No artificial fragrances to avoid any allergic reactions and to preserve the integrity of the formulas
- Cold made formulations to preserve the structure of the ingredients
- Always highest quality of ingredients available
The beloved Lotion P50
Yes, you’ve probably heard of it! Called by New York Magazine “Jesus in a Bottle” or beauty industry “Best Kept Secret” by Intothegloss.com. Grazia Magazine has named it as one of “The Best Beauty Products in The World” and mentioned that “if there was an Oscar for skincare the Biologique Recherche’s Lotion P50 deserves a lifetime achievement award”!
Lotion P50 is loved by many famous faces including Linda Evangelista, the Olsen sisters, Alexander Wang and many many more…
This cult-favourite exfoliating ‘toner’ comes now in 4 main variants: Lotion P50W for thin and/or reactive skin, Lotion P50V [V=vitamins] for devitalised and/or less toned skin, newest Lotion P50 PIGM400 for dull and/or pigmented skin and the original Lotion P50 for combination and/or keratinized skin. We don’t really like to call it a ‘toner’ but it will definitely re-balance the skin’s pH, gently exfoliate, can help you get rid of dark spots, blackheads and even acne, will hydrate and give you the famous BR glow! It has very specific smell of vinegar and it will slightly tingle when applied onto the skin but as Alexander Wang has said in his recent interview for Harper’s Bazaar “…You wake up the next morning and you’re like, ‘Okay, I look amazing’”.
Precautions to be taken when using the lotion P50 range:
- Lotion P50 is for external use only
- Do not apply Lotion P50 to irritated skin, or to skin with open wounds and burns.
- Never use Lotion P50 during a vitamin A treatment or during treatment with products containing Alpha-Hydroxy Acids.
- Always consult using Lotion P50 after facial surgery with your doctor
- Do not use Lotion P50 immediately after a skin peel or a laser treatment. Consult with your therapist before using it again.
- Keep this product away from children and never use it on them
- While introducing Lotion P50 to your skin (always start with Lotion P50W) dilute it by using damp cotton pad for at least 5 days
- Avoid contact with eyes. Lotion P50 can be GENTLY applied on the delicate skin around the eyes but only once a week
- Never rub! – always dab onto the skin
Lotions P50 are active products and can cause a variety of reactions:
- When the lotion is applied you may experience slight tingling and redness. This reactions reveal an epidermal imbalance. They may occur even if you have been using the product for a long time. To sooth the skin we recommend spraying face with L’Eauxygenante or splashing it with cold water.
- Your epidermis may react for few days when you first introduce the product. This reactions are perfectly normal and prove that the product is taking action.
- Eye Area Treatment | 30 minutes | anti-ageing treatment to brighten and de-puff the delicate eye contour | Good for: hydration, lines, puffiness, dark circles
- Bespoke Balancing Facial | 1 hour or 1 hour 30 minutes | personalised treatment | Good for: all skin types
- Bespoke Lift | up to 1 hour 30 minutes | Bespoke treatment targeting ageing skin |Good For: all skin types | LIFT C.V.S. – exfoliation, hydration, lift, SOIN LISSANT – hydrating, renewing, calming, toning, MC110 – purifying, exfoliating, plumping | this treatment is based on manual lifting massage technique combined with specific BR booster product
- Deep Cleansing Facial | 1 hour 30 minutes | includes extraction | Good for: blackheads, breakouts, unbalanced skin
- Express Facial | 30 minutes | cleanse & hydrate | Good for: hydration, pre-party prep
- Microneedling | 45 minutes | Advanced Microneedling | Good for: collagen induction, fine lines & wrinkles, scars, stretch marks
- HaylaActive Sheet Mask Add-on | highly recommended after microneedling treatment | sheet mask with Copper Peptides, Zinc, B5 & HylaFuse | Good for: redness reduction, skin hydration post treatment
- Microdermabrasion Add-on | mechanical exfoliation | Good for: dull, congested, keratinised skin
- Monopolar Radio Frequency RF Add-on | Good for: collagen and elastin induction, lift, skin tightening
- AHA Peel Add-on | alpha-hydroxy-acid treatment | Good for: hyperpigmentation, as a renewing and purifying treatment
- Eye Mask Add-on | sheet or collagen mask | Good for: dark circles, puffiness, fine lines, wrinkles
- Back Treatment | 45 minutes | Back ‘Facial’ | Good for: acne, seborrheic, keratinised skin
Face Treatment Add-ons
|Radio Frequency RF||£15|
|HaylaActive Sheet Mask||£20|
Dermapen ® Microneedling
Dermapen 3® is a revolutionary micro needling system that offers unrivalled needling innovation with its original, exclusive and patented technology. Dermapen provides the most concentrated and comfortable skin needling treatment available.
This small, easy to operate device is able to produce similar, if not better, results to a fractional laser, without the risk of hyper or hypo-pigmentation, as well as other side effects and downtime associated with these effective, but potentially damaging ablative heat based treatments.
FINE LINES & WRINKLES
Our skin shows signs of ageing in different ways, but the most common areas are usually:
- Crow’s feet / laughter lines
This is often where wrinkles and fine lines show first. Small wrinkles spread outwards from your outer-eye after years of smiling and concentrating.
- Lipstick lines
Delicate areas around the lips form expression lines, causing unsightly lipstick “bleeding” and uneven contours around your smile. Often these fine lines around the lips look like “smokers lines”, even if you don’t smoke.
- Deeper expression lines
Untreated fine lines and wrinkle will develop into deeper expression lines such as “frown lines” on your forehead (known as Glabellar lines).
The natural age process, free radical damage and non active skincare regime may lead to saggy skin – areas often neglected such as the neck and decolloté, skin surrounding the ears, back of hands, back of the neck/hair line are often tell-tale areas of aging skin.
UNEVEN SKIN TONE
A natural sign of aging can be uneven skin tone, particularly for those who expose their skin regularly to the elements. Sun Damage and pigmentation is a leading indication for those seeking to undergo Dermapen microneedling treatments.
Our skin’s renewal process slows down as we age, so Dermapen Treatments are the safe, natural alternative to fight the aging process.
Clinical Dermapen Treatments along with other combination therapies can produce amazing results.
What’s more, Dermapen treatments naturally work from within. The natural wound-healing responses created by microneedling treatments will kick start the production of collagen and elastin production.
Acne can affect all skin types and all ages, and may be caused by a combination of genetics, hormone changes, health, stress and or environmental factors. Hormones can stimulate excess sebum (or oil) production, In turn excess oil, dry skin and debris combined can become trapped in the pore. If the pore becomes blocked the acne bacteria can cause inflammation and can make the skin more susceptible to other bacteria.
Dermapen MicroNeedling regenerates the affected area by stimulating the production and distribution of collagen. This is achieved when the 12 or 16 needle cartridge glides over the skin, creating up to 1920 fractional microchannels per second that penetrate the deeper layers of the skin, triggering the body’s natural wound healing response. The result is an overall improvement in the appearance of problematic skin breakouts, black/whiteheads (comodones), acne reduced, and scarring minimised.
Scars result from the biological process of wound repair in the skin. Thus, scarring is a natural part of the healing process. Scarring can be categorised into 3 main categories;
- Dark and Light Scars – these superficial scars generally heal and are barely visible within 3-6 months.
- Raised Scars – this would include Hypertrophic Scars which are raised, they commonly occur on bendable areas of the skin (back, knees and elbows) and result from the stretching of wound edges while healing. Keloid Scars that tend to grow outside the border of the initial injury, and can become large, painful or itchy.
- Indented Scars – The most common scar type and are most often seen on the face (where acne has been present). This is caused when not enough scar tissue has formed and therefore does not match up with the surrounding skin.
Rejuvenating micro channels are formed in the skin that actively break up existing scar tissue. This encourages the production and distribution of new collagen that will work to build healthy, thicker and firmer skin in the scarred region. You will notice that the skin will be smoother and far more even.
Stretch marks, clinically known as striae, are a type of scar that occurs when rapid tearing of the dermis stretches collagen fibres. This condition can affect all skin types, conditions and colours, and both sexes. Stretch marks may appear as red or purple lines that fade to a white / silver colour. As stretch marks are a condition of the dermis.
The Dermapen process encourages the production and distribution of new collagen that will progressively remodel the stretch mark scar whilst greatly reducing its appearance.
Hyperpigmentation is the discolouration of skin caused by internal physical factors and/or external factors which can include hormonal changes, sun exposure, skin type, trauma and the skin’s natural ageing process. Presenting as areas of uneven skin tone, darkness, age spots or freckles, pigmentation occurs when excess melanin (skin pigment) has been stimulated. Surface pigmentation (Epidermal or Superficial) usually affects lighter skin tones and is usually created by sun damage, for example; Sun spots, Age spots, Freckles. Deeper Pigmentation (Dermal) can be caused by trauma, medications and hormonal factors, and can be manifested by Pigmented acne scarring, Birthmarks, Chloasma/Melasma.
As melanocytes (pigment producing cells) are directly targeted, a repair and corrective process encourages an even skin tone creating a radiant appearance.
Dermapen MicroNeedling treatments are an effective and safe method for the reduction of enlarged pores. The skin’s own natural wound healing response is activated, producing and distributing new collagen, plumping up and tightening the appearance of the enlarged pore and effectively making them smaller.
[*text by Dermapenword.com]
- Full Body Scrub – Exfoliates – Stimulates – Tones – Hydrates
Lotion P50 Corps – Cleanses, renews, and balances the skin PH. Lotion P50 will gently shed dead skin cells whilst we use a body glove to vigorously stimulate and enhance its effects, followed by an ultra-nourishing emulsion applied all over to soothe and moisturise the skin.
Gommage P50 Corps – Deep cleanses, exfoliates and moisturises. With its unique formula, exclusive to Biologique Recherche, this chemical and manual exfoliation has all the benefits of the Lotion P50 Corps Treatment, but with added Cockle shell. A truly beautifying moment, which bestows instant radiance.60 minutes
- Detoxifying and Toning Algae Treatment with hot blanket – Detoxifying – Reviving – Slimming – Toning.
To eliminate excess water, detoxify, dissolve localised unwanted fat, tone and firm. This thermal effect treatment is designed to release marine active ingredients that remineralize, tone and purify the body, leaving you with a wonderful sense of well-being and comfort.1hr 30 minutes
Sienna X Spray Tanning
Tips and advice to prepare and prolong your sunless tan:
- Exfoliate the night before paying particular attention to dry areas such as knees and elbows.
- Remove any unwanted hair 24-48 hours prior to your treatment.
- Do not moisturise, use perfume or deodorant before your tan
- Remove contact lenses before the treatment to avoid contamination
- Bring loose, dark clothing and loose fitting shoes. Tight clothing will cause the tan to rub off.
After the tan:
- Leave the tan to develop for the required time.
- Avoid excessive exercise, perspiring or getting wet during development.
- Long baths or swimming in chlorine water will fade your developed tan quicker.
- Moisturise daily to enhance your tan and prolong your colour
- Start to exfoliate 3 days after your tan to encourage even fading.
- Remember that sunless tan does not protect you in the sun. Use SPF to avoid burning.
We stock wide range of Sienna X products to prepare your skin for the tan or to prolong it – just ask and we will be happy to help.
Sienna X offers wide range of solutions that will develop the tan within 8 hours (5 shades) or just 1hour (High Intensity Tan, medium).
- Wear loose clothing (underwear if having intimate waxing)
- Apply after wax lotion or suitable homecare products to soothe the area (i.e. Aloe Vera Gel)
- Gently exfoliate the area 7-10 days after the treatment to help prevent ingrown hairs. Exfoliate at least twice a week
- Keep your skin moisturised daily
- Apply perfumed products or deodorant to the area for 12-24 hours
- Have hot baths or hot showers for 12-24 hours; use cooler water instead
- Use a sunbed or sunbathe for at least 48 hours
- Swim or do other forms of exercise that will heat or aggravate the skin for 12-24 hours
- Touch the area excessively